Google recently rolled out Google Assistant to Marshmallow and Nougat based Android devices starting with United states. It will take a lot of time to get Google Assistant for Indians.
So, do you have to wait for Google Assistant for that?
Probably NO, we can get Google Assistant to most of the smartphones running on Marshmallow and Nougat. Wait, you don’t need to have a rooted device to get Google Assistant. All you need is a Marshmallow and Nougat based Android device.
I tried below methods on my Moto G4 Plus and it will be almost same on any device.
There are two ways to get Google Assistant. Let’s first go with a simple method.
Method 1: By Becoming A Google Beta Tester
- First, open playstore and update all your apps by going to “My apps & games“.
- Next, open Google chrome on your smartphone and search for “Google Play Services” and open the first result showing Google Play services app and you will be redirected to palystore with “Google Play Services“.
- Now, move to the bottom of the screen where you find an option to become a beta tester. Just click on join and it will take few minutes for you to become a beta tester.
- After you become a Google beta tester, just update the “Google Play Services“.
- Now, go to home screen and long press on the home button where you will be shown Google Assitant get started page.
- If this method doesn’t work then goto method 2 😀
Method 2: By Tweaking Google App
- First, open settings on your smartphone and go to “Apps“.
- Now, you will be shown all the installed apps. Just select Google App from that list and open Storage -> Clear all data.
- Next, open Settings -> Languages & input and add the new language “English (U.S)” and delete the English (India) language from the list.
- Now again go to Apps -> Google App -> Storage -> Clear all data.
- All done, now long press on the home button. You will see a Google Assistant get started screen.
- That’s it, Now long press on the home screen. You will be getting Google Assistant. 🙂
If you face any issues, please comment below. 🙂 Happy to help 😀